CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thai Food, Fish, and A Rainy Drive Home: A Sad Day In The Neighborhood

Thai food...simply amazing. Fish...a little bit of heaven. Rainy drive home....not cool! This past week was a blessing. It was a blessing because of the new people that I have crossed paths with on this trail of life. The people I worked with are amazing, they would always go the extra mile and give all they had to make camp the best for the kids there, and that was an inspiration to me. They always offered words of guidance and encouragement throughout the day. Brock, Auny, Jessica, and Shannon would constantly bring me food from some really cool places and every time it was amazing...even when it was heated up in the microwave. This week was very special to me, this week God reminded me that He is in control of my life and that if I simply let go of my selfish sin and live a life that makes His name great, I will be held tightly in His arms. God brought some amazing people into my life these past few weeks and they have impacted me and taught me so much.

Im now home, sitting in my room and reflecting on the past month of my life that seemed to fly by. It seemed to be only yesterday that I was washing clothes to pack for SuperWOW, now I'm washing clothes to pack again to fly out to California. And again God has shown me something great. He has shown me that no matter how busy I may get that I need to slow down enough to notice the hurting people of our world today and to slow down and take some time to spend with Him. Which is what I'm going to go do right now, and then I'm going to sleep for hours upon hours.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'll bring you chocolate soon from the best place on Earth! The Cocoa Tree

Therron said...

sweet!! you better!!

AUNY said...

No, you are going to have to come to Nashville to get the chocolate, and in the process, you get to see us!!!