CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 27, 2007

11,050 Feet...The Beauty of God's Creation


Mammoth Lakes, California...the most beautiful place that I have ever been. God's creation is amazing and seeing His power and majesty in His creation is a blessing. God is amazing and seeing His creation like this humbles me to the point and reminds me of who I am and who He is. He is Name above all Names, Abba Father, and so on! He deserves so much more than I could ever give Him. Running through these mountains in the mornings and afternoons is such a worship experience. As I run I can praise God for His creation and His love and grace! And the great thing is that through this trip, some of my teammates have begun to question who God is and what it exactly means to have a relationship with Him! It is so awesome to see the eyes of people begin to be opened to the glory of God! Today me, Steven, and Allen went on a hike to the summit of Mammoth Mountain. We first climbed to 10,000 feet and took some pictures and enjoyed the view. But then we decided to go all the way to the top, 11,050 feet! It was so hard to keep climbing at that altitude. Each breath was a struggle because the air was so thin. But when we got to the top I was speechless...


These mountains are beautiful! The temperature was around 50 degrees and the wind was blowing at around 30-40 miles per hour! The mountains just seemed to keep on going as far as I looked. And that reminded me of God's love...it keeps going and going, no matter how far we may be from Him, He still loves us! It is amazing to know! I love it here! I want to pack up and move out here and run and bike all the time! It's amazing! This pictures was at 11,050 feet, the mountains in the next pictures are even higher!


These mountains in the background are all above 12,000 feet! And I thought that we were pretty high at 11,000. The one in the far left that looks like a pyramid is a little over 14,000 feet! It was amazing to see all of this! This is an amazing experience...to get to live and train in God's beautiful creation! This week so far has been such a challenge physically and spiritually. God is challenging me in many ways and He is also teaching me so many things! But I am about to go to go to sleep...the hike wore me out! God is great...let His creation shout His glory!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

i want to be there!!!
Looks amazing:)

AUNY said...

It does look amazing!