CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

God's Hand and the Love of Christ

New Orleans...the city of sin. I spent a week there. Yes there was sin and sin that I didn't even know was possible! Bourbon St. was a little weird for me. The Lower 9th broke my soul. The story of Red and his USS Budweiser brought tears of laughter and pain. The work ethic of Gail broke my back. The love expressed by Tim brought encouragement. Liz showed me that love is for everybody. Jr. taught me to be thankful and patient. New Orleans Seminary showed me to not accept the standard. The city of New Orleans is amazing. The people are still hurting. The work of the church is not being done or it is being done by celebrities from Hollywood. Why? Where is God's hand and the love of Christ? Where is the church? Where is the bride of Christ? And how does she look? Where are those that profess to believe in God? Why is there still people living in houses that have not been touched in 3 years? This week will be me writing out my thoughts and questions as I spent a week working with people in New Orleans rebuilding their lives. I have many questions and many thoughts. They are too many to write without writing a book. But they will tell the stories of a few people that I met and helped out and they will also present some questions for the church. Take them seriously. God is ready to reveal himself, but will we let Him?

0 comments: